Wednesday 24 November 2010

ten websites.

Banksy's artwork has revolutionised street art which has been named  the biggest rebellion since punk. "When I was eighteen I spent one night trying to paint 'LATE AGAIN' in big silver bubble letters on the side of a passenger train. British transport police showed up and I got ripped to shreds running away through a thorny bush. The rest of my mates made it to the car and disappeared so I spent over an hour hidden under a dumper truck with engine oil leaking all over me. As I lay there I realised I had to cut my painting time in half or give up altogether. I was staring straight up at the stencilled plate on the bottom of a fuel tank when I realised I could just copy that stlye and make each letter three feet high.
I got home at last and crawled into bed next to my girlfriend. I told her I'd had an epiphany that night and she told me to stop taking that drug 'cos its bad for your heart."
Banksy has recently released a film called Exit Through The Gift Shop. 
And his identity is still  a secret. 

Kelly Smith has a beautifull collection of fashion illustrations on her website.

Maureen Paley is the name of a gallery in London's East End and shows work from lots of different artists set in a Victorian terraced house. Anne Hardy is one of my personal faverites.

Lula magazine is a source for inspitation. The website lets you listen to some of the interviews and watch videos which a magaine would ever be able to capture.

Mercedes Helnwein draws fascinating and fantastical girls. "My sanity always has and probably always will, depend on drawing. Things calm down for me when I draw. It's like my nervous system regenerates" -Mercedes Helnwein.

Wonderland magazine website has been created so that you can watch wonderland tv which is fantastic.

Claire ann Baker is a textile designer, maker and lecturer in the North east of England. "her collections are based on a passion for sensitive imagery, vintage ephemera and perceptive colour palettes"

A website built so that you can upload your own portfolio and search through other's. Tagged as an employment community for designers. Look up Ariel Mazo, I love her work.

Being intrested in advertising makes this page very intresting to see how smoking was promoted in the past to become a trusted part of our society.

British Vogue has told the nation how to dress for generations and is still hugely influential today.

No comments:

Post a Comment