Monday 25 April 2011

summer change.

Over the luscious, long, hot, summer. We have to work. 5 books we will be read, 5 things will change on my blog and 5 people will be contacted.

Blog
I have had a word press and found it difficult to use so I am going to stick with blogger, against what most people seem to be saying. I will be attending the workshop with Vanilla Ink in May to aid my skills on the computer because I am more dyslexic on blogs than I am on paper. My many aim is to change more than one thing and make my blog look more like a website than a juvenile jotter. I want them to look more grown up but I hope this comes with experience. I had never even considered having a blog before design studies and I was very wary. My only experience with them being my geeky, typical indie flatmate who put Morrissey on her blog and quotes from Oscar Wilde not that there is anything wrong with these kind of blogs I just never understood why. After exploring the net to gain understanding, I found amazing, inspiring blog. I loved the verity and the sheer amount of them, and since then i have not stopped searching. My ideal would be for my blog to look like Birdy & Me (http://kjsdesign.blogspot.com/) or (http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/)or (http://intimatevignettes.blogspot.com/. I also think it would be usual for me to add a Flickr photostream.

Connections
1. Wonderland is my favorite magasine and very difficult to come by. I was hoping that I could contact someone there. Maybe. letters@wonderlandmagazine.com
2. Alison King is an amazing textile designer who works with mixed media. "I usually work directly from my sketchbooks, paintings and occasionally photographs. In the final pieces I use a wide variety of media including felt, stitch and paint." King is a Scottish textile designer who takes inspiration form Aberdeenshire.
3. Michi Girl is one my favorite artists slash weather girls. It would be a dream come true to have a connection with her. http://michigirl.com/contact
4. Birdy & Me's blog is really beautiful and it would be great to get some tips. http://www.birdyandme.com.au/
5.Sam Hessaminan is a hero of black and white photography. "When it comes to black-and-white fashion photography, there are few who carry the same communicative talent as Sam Hessamian. His black-and-white prints convey striking emotion befitting the world of fashion, from simple facial expressions to behind-the-scenes stills to lone figures amidst urban architecture. For those aspiring toward this kind of work– or to those who simply admire it, you’ll find plenty of inspiration."


Books
1. Street Style by Ted Polhemus.
2. What An Earth Are You Wearing? by Michi Girl
 3. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. Simply because I never realised it was a book.

4.The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantage by Rodger L. Martin

5.The Fundamentals of Fashion Design by Richard Sorger/Jenny Udale
and maybe.. The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar





No comments:

Post a Comment